How do I schedule a Baptism?
For children under age 7
Queen of Peace is excited to celebrate your child’s baptism. Below you can find out how to get the process started in two easy steps.
- Parents must first submit the following documents to the Queen of Peace Receptionist at least one month prior to the Baptism:
- The Baptism Registration Form
- The Birth Certificate of the child to be baptized
- For Godparents (a man and/or a woman, fully initiated Catholic in good standing with the Church):
- If married, a copy of their Marriage Certificate and copy of their Confirmation Certificate
- If single, a copy of their Confirmation Certificate
- A signed and authorized Godparent Profession of Faith Form (one per Godparent)
- A signed Church Affiliation Form, if Godparents are not registered members of Queen of Peace Catholic Church
- Parents and Godparents must register (at the Parish front desk) and attend a two-part Preparation Class, generally held on the 1st and 2nd Saturdays of each month at 5:30 PM in the St. Lawrence Room. Both parts of this class are obligatory for parents and godparents who have not attended a Baptism Preparation Class within the last year.
Godparents must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have received all three Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation)
- If married, be married according to the laws of the Catholic Church
- Participate regularly at Sunday Mass and receive Holy Communion
- Believe and live out all that the Catholic Church professes and teaches
- Assume responsibility to be a good Christian role model by prayer and example
- Have attended the necessary preparation class(es).
Baptisms in English are celebrated at 3:30 pm and in Spanish at 8:45 in the Gathering Space on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month. There will be no Baptisms during Lent.
Parents and Godparents who intend to be part of a Baptism at Queen of Peace Catholic Church are strongly encouraged to register as Parishioners.
Questions? Please contact the Parish Office at 303 364-1056.
For children ages 7-18
Queen of Peace is excited to receive your child into the Catholic Church. Children that have reached the age of reason (age 7) will be prepared for the Sacraments of Initiation through our Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) Program. For more information, please contact Alicia Loya at Alicia.Loya@queenofpeace.net